List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Andre Matos Date:November 26 2004 4:21pm
Subject:MySQL 4.1 and PHP5 with old client
View as plain text
Hi,

I have installed MySQL 4.1.7-nt + Apache 2 + PHP 5.0.2 + PHPMyAdmin
2.6.0-pl1 on my Windows XP Pro SP2. I am trying to solve the problem with
MySQL PHP Old Clients using OLD_PASSWORD instead of just PASSWORD.

How can I set on "my.ini" to start MySQL using as a default the
OLD_PASSWORD?

I tried to insert:
[mysqld]
--old-passwords

and

[mysqld]
old-passwords

but both didn't work.

Does anybody know how to do this? Is any other better way to make PHP5 work
with the new password format without recompiling (It is easy on Linux/Unix
but not on Windows XP).

Thanks for any help.

Andre
--
Andre Matos
amatos@stripped

Thread
MySQL 4.1 and PHP5 with old clientAndre Matos26 Nov
  • Re: MySQL 4.1 and PHP5 with old clientPaul DuBois26 Nov
  • Re: MySQL 4.1 and PHP5 with old clientDan Nelson26 Nov