List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Stassen Date:November 19 2004 4:17pm
Subject:Re: Ini (cnf) file location
View as plain text
Mac OS X is Unix, so you should look at the Unix directions in the manual,
not the Windows directions.

The locations of the option files are documented in the manual
<http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Option_files.html>.  Global options
usually go in /etc/my.cnf, server-specific options go in
/path/to/mysql/datadir/my.cnf.

Michael

Roland Carlsson wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I've got a Mac OS X server with a preinstalled mysql from Apple. My problem
> is that I can't find the ini (cnf) file witch the documentation so very
> non-windows-friendly shall be located in C:\Windows.
>
> Could anyone please tell me where mysql excpects to find the ini (cnf) file?
>
> Thank you very much
> Roland Carlsson

Thread
Ini (cnf) file locationRoland Carlsson19 Nov
  • Re: Ini (cnf) file locationUgo Bellavance19 Nov
  • Re: Ini (cnf) file locationMichael Stassen19 Nov