List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Colin McKinnon Date:April 13 1999 1:47pm
Subject:Re: Crystal report with mysql?
View as plain text
At 15:10 12/04/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Has any one used the database query application CrystalReport of Seagate?
> http://www.crystalinc.com/crystalreports

If it's the product I'm thinking about (Crystal Reports) then it certainly
does the job - I'd used it before on MS-Win clients with an Oracle back
end, but never with MySQL, wouldn't expect it to be too difficult.

The only problem I had was that the version we were using was intended for
producing printed output - although it could be viewed on screen it
wouldn't then dump the data into another application and the data
processsing facilities were limited. I've heard that more recent versions
are better. but can be a little slow.

Hope it's not too expensive where you are - it seems to get given away with
lots of other products here (Visual Basic, on the freebie CD that comes
with most computer mags...).

Have you looked at CA's Business Objects? I've not used iy myself, but I'm
told it's very good.

Colin

Thread
Crystal report with mysql?Xah Lee13 Apr
Re: Crystal report with mysql?Paul Schwarzl13 Apr
  • Re: Crystal report with mysql?Michael Widenius13 Apr
Re: Crystal report with mysql?Colin McKinnon13 Apr
  • Re: Crystal report with mysql?Pat Sherrill13 Apr
  • Re: Crystal report with mysql?Ed Carp13 Apr