List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Titus Date:November 16 2004 10:48pm
Subject:Access front end problem
View as plain text
We recently migrated a medioum sized genetic laboratory database
from Access to MySQl.  Of course, for the time being, we are stuck
with our Access front end, using Access linked tables to our MySQL
backend.  Everything seems to be 'reasonalbly' okay after a month.

However, we occasionally get a message from the front end that
"This record has been changed by another user since you started
 editing it.  etc. etc."

This occurs in a "Write Conflict" message box from Access.  We
aren't having much luck running this problem down.  Can anyone
shed some light on it and save us some time?

Thanks for even -considering- this a MySQL problem.

titus sends

Thread
Access front end problemTitus16 Nov
  • Re: Access front end problemDan Nelson17 Nov
  • Re: Access front end problemDaniel Kasak17 Nov