List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:matt_lists Date:November 16 2004 4:17pm
Subject:Re: 4.1.7 insert locks killing me
View as plain text

> Also consider buying MySQL support, which will give your requests a bit more weight.

If that put select into table without locks back into mysql, I would

however, I dont think it will, I've got X dollars for hardware/software
on a given project, my only option is a different database for new
projects, it is rather ugly dumping data to ascii then bringing it back
into the database, we are starting a new dev project that'll hopefully
sell, I picked mysql as the database, but may have to rethink that, 2
things missing, views and non locking insert selects.  I figured I could get

I'm not sure why it matters if data changes on the table, mysql doesnt
"know" what's in a load data infile, it's simply data going into a table.
around views, but not really sure.

I believe the issue was, when doing selects from a table, the data could
change midstream due to updates/deletes, I'm not sure why this would
matter, I want whatever the record is at the time the select hits it.

they went the easy route, and just disabled the feature, I'm suprised
more have not been bit by this, although all our products use data from
external sources that is very very ugly and must be fixed prior to
inserting into production, this may be a unique thing.

Thread
4.1.7 insert locks killing mematt_lists15 Nov
  • 4.1.8gunmuse15 Nov
    • RE: 4.1.8Donny Simonton15 Nov
  • Re: 4.1.7 insert locks killing memos15 Nov
  • Re: 4.1.7 insert locks killing mematt_lists15 Nov
    • Re: 4.1.7 insert locks killing meDan Nelson15 Nov
      • Re: 4.1.7 insert locks killing mematt_lists16 Nov
        • Re: 4.1.7 insert locks killing meDan Nelson16 Nov
          • Re: 4.1.7 insert locks killing mematt_lists16 Nov