List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Donny Simonton Date:November 15 2004 9:25pm
Subject:RE: Illegal mix of collations (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) and Replication
View as plain text
Michael,
Normally I would let a fellow domain registrar fend for themselves, but I'm
feeling nice today.  :)

Do a "show create table contacts" and see what the charset is set too.

I bet the character set on the slave is different.   Are you running this
from the command line?

Or are you getting this error in the error_log?

Donny

/usr/share/mysql/charsets/
>                             collation_connection
> 	latin1_swedish_ci
>                                       collation_database
> latin1_swedish_ci
> collation_server		latin1_swedish_ci
>
> Show variables on the slave:
> character_set_client		latin1
>           character_set_connection	latin1
>                        character_set_database		latin1
>                                    character_set_results
latin1
>                                                character_set_server
> latin1
> character_set_system		utf8
>            character_sets_dir		/usr/share/mysql/charsets/
>                     collation_connection		latin1_swedish_ci
>                                collation_database
> 	latin1_swedish_ci
>                                         collation_server
> 	latin1_swedish_ci

Thread
Illegal mix of collations (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE)and ReplicationMichael Grubb15 Nov
  • RE: Illegal mix of collations (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) and ReplicationDonny Simonton15 Nov
Re: Illegal mix of collations (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE)and ReplicationMichael Grubb15 Nov