List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:mos Date:November 15 2004 8:42pm
Subject:Re: 4.1.7 insert locks killing me
View as plain text
At 02:12 PM 11/15/2004, you wrote:
>How do I avoid insert locks?
>
>We updated from mysql 4.0.18 to 4.1.7
>
>now all my inserts lock tables, I had 500 asp timeouts within 30 minutes
>after installing 4.1.7
>
>I also had over 400 connections to the database, as all the threads were
>locked waiting, asp timeout is set to 30 seconds, the inserts always take
>up to an hour, but never caused locks before?!?
>
>all our tables are myisam, and all data is adding, there are no deletes to
>these tables, they are log tables.
>
>I'm going to try going back to 4.0.18

If there are no holes in the table, then it is my understanding that locks
aren't required if you are doing Inserts on a MyISAM table. Have you tried
optimizing the table to get rid of the holes?

Mike

Thread
4.1.7 insert locks killing mematt_lists15 Nov
  • 4.1.8gunmuse15 Nov
    • RE: 4.1.8Donny Simonton15 Nov
  • Re: 4.1.7 insert locks killing memos15 Nov
  • Re: 4.1.7 insert locks killing mematt_lists15 Nov
    • Re: 4.1.7 insert locks killing meDan Nelson15 Nov
      • Re: 4.1.7 insert locks killing mematt_lists16 Nov
        • Re: 4.1.7 insert locks killing meDan Nelson16 Nov
          • Re: 4.1.7 insert locks killing mematt_lists16 Nov