List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Santino Date:November 10 2004 6:45pm
Subject:Re: Upgrading MySql on OSX 10.3.6
View as plain text
The directory mysql is a symbolic link to one of the other dirs.
If mysql points to old one rename it and make a new one:

mv mysql mysqlold
ls -s  mysql-max-4.1.7-apple-darwin7.5.0-powerpc mysql

Do not remove
it contains your old databases!!!

At 11:17 -0600 10-11-2004, <karigna@stripped> wrote:
>I was running ver 4.0.15 and just upgraded to the latest version of 4.1.7. In
>between I had done an upgrade to ver. 4.0.20. I can get the server
>to start and
>stop via the Preferences panel but before and after any upgrade it indicates
>that 4.0.15 is running. In Navicat which I use as the gui front end it also
>indicates that 4.0.15 is running.
>In /usr/local I have 3 MySql related directories:
>My question is how do I get Navicat and the preferences panel to recognize
>4.1.7 and do I need to remove 4.0.20 and 4.0.15?
>MySQL General Mailing List
>For list archives:
>To unsubscribe:

Upgrading MySql on OSX 10.3.6karigna10 Nov
Re: Upgrading MySql on OSX 10.3.6Santino10 Nov