List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dave Dyer Date:November 10 2004 6:00pm
Subject:C api incompatability from 3.x to 4.1
View as plain text
I have a family of applications which use the C api to access mysql.

I found by doing a test upgrade to 4.1 that all of these applications
crash, apparently because the structures passed between my applications
and libmysql.dll are incompatible.   Recompiling the applications fixes
the problem, but I'm disturbed that these "broken" applications didn't
fail gracefully, when stale applications presented unusable structures
to the new libmysql.

1) Is there no automatic check for compatibility that I should
be encountering, and somehow am not?

2) In the absense of such a check, what should I build into my "old"
applications so they will either continue to work or at least fail
gracefully when the server is permanantly upgraded to 4.1

Thread
C api incompatability from 3.x to 4.1Dave Dyer10 Nov
  • Re: C api incompatability from 3.x to 4.1V. M. Brasseur10 Nov
  • Re: C api incompatability from 3.x to 4.1Dan Nelson10 Nov