List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:gerald_clark Date:November 8 2004 5:56pm
Subject:Re: Fast method needed to determine if a table is corrupt
View as plain text

Tim Murtaugh wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm using MySQL server version 4.0.15a in an embedded envirionment (as a
>standalone server, I'm not using the embedded server library). I have 128 MB
>of memory and disk space is tight. I'm using MyISAM tables.
>
>If my system loses power, some tables are left in a corrupt state. As stated
>in the MySQL documentation, I think the data tables are OK, its just that
>the tables were not closed properly and are considered corrupt by MySQL.

You need to provide a way to have an orderly shutdown on power loss.
You are trying to treat the symptom, not the problem.

>I need a FAST way to determine if a table is corrupt. I've tried myisamcheck
>--fast and --check-only-changed options, and increased the buffer sizes (-O
>key_buffer_size and -O sort_buffer_size), as mentioned in the documentation.
>The fastest time I can achieve is 6:55.
>
>I've also tried "CHECK TABLE tablename FAST QUICK" on a table I know is
>marked as corrupt, and the fastest time I can achieve is 6:58.
>
>I need to detemine if a table is corrupt within a few SECONDS, not minutes.
>How can I do this?
>
>The documentation says there is a flag in myisam tables that indicates when
>a table is corrupt. Is there a way I can quickly check this flag?
>
>I want to make this an automated check that I can write in C.
>
>Are there third-party tools available to help me?
>
>Thanks,
>Tim

Thread
Fast method needed to determine if a table is corruptTim Murtaugh8 Nov
  • Re: Fast method needed to determine if a table is corruptDan Nelson8 Nov
    • RE: Fast method needed to determine if a table is corruptMark Steele10 Nov
  • Re: Fast method needed to determine if a table is corruptgerald_clark8 Nov
  • Re: Fast method needed to determine if a table is corruptGleb Paharenko9 Nov