List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:W. D. Date:November 8 2004 5:29am
Subject:Re: Completely remove MySQL?
View as plain text
At 14:40 11/7/2004, Michael Stassen wrote:
>That's using a shotgun to kill a gnat.

That's why I have large gaping holes in my walls.

>The IP used by phpmyadmin is set in
>the file in the phpmyadmin directory.  Just edit this file to
>change the old setting to the new value.  Problem solved.

Yes, it certainly is.  Thanks a bunch!

>Reinstalling mysql and php, on the other hand, will have no effect.
>Reinstalling phpmyadmin may replace with default settings,
>but you'd still have to edit it to have the correct settings, so you may as
>well just edit the one you already have.
>W. D. wrote:
>> Hi Folks,
>> How does one completely remove MySQL from FreeBSD 4.9?
>> My router died, and upon replacement I switched to
>> static IP addresses on my local network.  Unfortunately,
>> When using phpMyAdmin to access a database, it
>> tries to access the database at the old IP.
>> I can easily recreate the database--as well easily
>> reinstall PHP, MySQL, and phpMyAdmin--but how do I
>> remove everything so that the old IP address is
>> not referenced?
>> By the way, where is this IP address being stored?
>> Thanks mucho for any light you can shed!

Start Here to Find It Fast!™ ->
$8.77 Domain Names ->

Completely remove MySQL?W. D.7 Nov
  • Re: Completely remove MySQL?Michael Stassen7 Nov
    • Re: Completely remove MySQL?Matthew Seaman7 Nov
      • Re: Completely remove MySQL?Michael Stassen8 Nov
    • Re: Completely remove MySQL?W. D.8 Nov