List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Stassen Date:November 8 2004 2:09am
Subject:Re: Completely remove MySQL?
View as plain text
Well, that depends on how you install phpmyadmin.  A standard method is
simply to download, unzip, and untar the distribution.  If you do that on
top of your old copy, or indeed, delete the old copy first, you will end up
with the default config.inc.php.  That is why I said "may replace".  It is
good that your port won't do that, but considering the context of "how do I
remove everything so that the old IP address is not referenced?", I chose
not to make assumptions about how he would reinstall.

Michael

Matthew Seaman wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 07, 2004 at 03:40:12PM -0500, Michael Stassen wrote:
>

>>Reinstalling phpmyadmin may replace config.inc.php with default settings,
>>but you'd still have to edit it to have the correct settings, so you may as
>>well just edit the one you already have.
>

> No, it won't trash an existing configuration.  Nor will it while I
> remain the port maintainer.
>
> 	Cheers,
>
> 	Matthew

Thread
Completely remove MySQL?W. D.7 Nov
  • Re: Completely remove MySQL?Michael Stassen7 Nov
    • Re: Completely remove MySQL?Matthew Seaman7 Nov
      • Re: Completely remove MySQL?Michael Stassen8 Nov
    • Re: Completely remove MySQL?W. D.8 Nov