List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Rick Dwyer Date:November 5 2004 3:01pm
Subject:ODBC Initial Setup Problems
View as plain text
Hello All:

I am trying to configure ODBC for MySQL but have been unable to make
a connection.

We are running MySQL 4.0.15 supplied by Server Logistics on OS X 10.3.5.
I have installed their ODBC Driver and 4 files show up in the
library/MyODBC/Lib/ directory:
libmyodbc3_r-3.51.06.bundle
libmyodbc3_r.bundle (alias)
libmyodbc3-3.51.06.bundle
libmyodbc3.bundle (alias)

Under the ODBC Admin I have added a driver with the name
mysqlreporting specifying the driver file path as :

/Library/MyODBC/lib/libmyodbc3-3.51.06.bundle.

Didn't know what to put for setup file so the path is the same.
I then setup 3 key values:

keyword			Value
user			userloginname
password		userpasswordname
database		mydatabase

Under UserDSN, I add the above driver naming the data source name
also mysqlreporting.

I also enter the same keyvalues.

When I go to test the connection locally, I get the following:

Last login: Fri Nov  5 09:26:40 on ttyp1
Welcome to Darwin!
My-Computer:~ myuserlogin$ /usr/bin/odbctest
iODBC Demonstration program
This program shows an interactive SQL processor

Enter ODBC connect string (? shows list): ?

DSN                            | Description
mysqlreporting                 | mysqlreporting

Enter ODBC connect string (? shows list): dsn=mysqlreporting
[iODBC][Driver Manager]Data source name not found and no default
driver specified. Driver could not be loaded, SQLSTATE=IM002

Have a nice day.
My-Computer:~ myuserlogin$

Can someone explain what I am doing wrong.  Because their are two
different drivers in the MyODBC Lib folder, I tried both but get the
same message.

Thanks.
Rick

Thread
ODBC Initial Setup ProblemsRick Dwyer5 Nov
  • Re: ODBC Initial Setup ProblemsIan Gibbons5 Nov
    • Re: ODBC Initial Setup ProblemsRick Dwyer5 Nov