List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:-{ Rene Brehmer }- Date:November 3 2004 4:28am
Subject:Re: ampersands in the database fields
View as plain text
Simple: don't convert it to HTML before inserting it. I used to do that as
well, but it causes problems when using searches for several reasons,
mostly because you have to convert the search query to HTML, which takes
time, and then send the more complex data structure to the server, which
also takes more time (albeit extremely little difference).

Converting the entries upon retrieval rather than insert is a little bit
slower, but it pays off in the searches being more reliable.

Rene

--
Rene Brehmer
aka Metalbunny

If your life was a dream, would you wake up from a nightmare, dripping of
sweat, hoping it was over? Or would you wake up happy and pleased, ready to
take on the day with a smile?

http://metalbunny.net/
References, tools, and other useful stuff...
Check out the new Metalbunny forums at http://forums.metalbunny.net/

Thread
mysql admin clientsleegold1 Nov
  • Re: mysql admin clientsGleb Paharenko2 Nov
  • Re: mysql admin clientsMartijn Tonies2 Nov
  • Re: mysql admin clientsAndy Davidson2 Nov
    • ampersands in the database fieldsleegold3 Nov
      • Re: ampersands in the database fields-{ Rene Brehmer }-3 Nov
  • Re: mysql admin clientsKaram Chand6 Nov
Re: ampersands in the database fieldsleegold3 Nov