List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:October 31 2004 11:33am
Subject:Re: Converting table type
View as plain text

> At 11:06 -0500 10/30/04, Michael Satterwhite wrote:
> >On Saturday 30 October 2004 10:58 am, Paul DuBois wrote:
> >>
> >>  What output does the following statement produce?
> >>
> >>  SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'have_innodb';
> >>
> >>  If YES, the ALTER TABLE statement should have worked.
> >>  If NO, your server doesn't have InnoDB support built in.
> >>  If DISABLED, your server supports InnoDB but it was disable at
> >>  startup time with --skip-innodb.
> >
> >That was it. Thanks. I didn't think of Debian disabling the INNODB
function.

> Rude of them. :-)

Add to that: what about raising an error/warning message
when something like that fails??

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Server.
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

Thread
Converting table typeMichael Satterwhite30 Oct
  • Re: Converting table typeMartijn Tonies30 Oct
    • Re: Converting table typeMichael Satterwhite30 Oct
  • Re: Converting table typeMartijn Tonies30 Oct
  • Re: Converting table typePaul DuBois30 Oct
    • Re: Converting table typeMichael Satterwhite30 Oct
      • Re: Converting table typePaul DuBois30 Oct
  • Re: Converting table typeGleb Paharenko30 Oct
  • Re: Converting table typeMartijn Tonies31 Oct