List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gleb Paharenko Date:October 30 2004 3:44pm
Subject:Re: Converting table type
View as plain text
Hi.
I think you should upgrade to MySQL 4.0.22.

Michael Satterwhite <michael@stripped> wrote:
> [-- text/plain, encoding quoted-printable, charset: us-ascii, 23 lines --]
>
> I'm running MySQL 4.0.21
>
> In order to use Foreign Keys, I'm trying to convert a table Type to INNODB. I
> issue a statement of the form
>
> Alter Table TblName Type=INNODB;
>
> This statement appears to execute correctly. I would expect this to affect the
> Show Create Table output, but when I say
>
> Show Create Table TblName;
>
> The output still indicates MyISAM. If I add a Foreign Key with On Delete
> Cascade On Update Cascade, it does not show up in the Show Create Table, and
> Updating the Foreign key does not cascade to the table with the Foreign Key
> Constraint.
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> [-- application/pgp-signature, encoding 7bit, 8 lines --]

       <___/   www.mysql.com

Thread
Converting table typeMichael Satterwhite30 Oct
  • Re: Converting table typeMartijn Tonies30 Oct
    • Re: Converting table typeMichael Satterwhite30 Oct
  • Re: Converting table typeMartijn Tonies30 Oct
  • Re: Converting table typePaul DuBois30 Oct
    • Re: Converting table typeMichael Satterwhite30 Oct
      • Re: Converting table typePaul DuBois30 Oct
  • Re: Converting table typeGleb Paharenko30 Oct
  • Re: Converting table typeMartijn Tonies31 Oct