List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:October 30 2004 3:58pm
Subject:Re: Converting table type
View as plain text
At 9:24 -0500 10/30/04, Michael Satterwhite wrote:
>I'm running MySQL 4.0.21
>
>In order to use Foreign Keys, I'm trying to convert a table Type to INNODB. I
>issue a statement of the form
>
>  Alter Table TblName Type=INNODB;
>
>This statement appears to execute correctly. I would expect this to affect the
>Show Create Table output, but when I say
>
>  Show Create Table TblName;
>
>The output still indicates MyISAM. If I add a Foreign Key with On Delete
>Cascade On Update Cascade, it does not show up in the Show Create Table, and
>Updating the Foreign key does not cascade to the table with the Foreign Key
>Constraint.

What output does the following statement produce?

SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'have_innodb';

If YES, the ALTER TABLE statement should have worked.
If NO, your server doesn't have InnoDB support built in.
If DISABLED, your server supports InnoDB but it was disable at
startup time with --skip-innodb.

--
Paul DuBois, MySQL Documentation Team
Madison, Wisconsin, USA
    • Re: Converting table typeMichael Satterwhite30 Oct
      • Re: Converting table typePaul DuBois30 Oct
  • Re: Converting table typeGleb Paharenko30 Oct
  • Re: Converting table typeMartijn Tonies31 Oct