List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:October 30 2004 3:16pm
Subject:Re: Converting table type
View as plain text
Michael,

All your e-mails come as an attachment in my mailbox
instead of plain e-mail.

>> Why not simply recreate it with the InnoDB table type?
>>
>> If there's data in it, rename the old table, recreate the
>> table and pump the data.
>>
>> All done!
>
>Certainly that *COULD* be done, but it shouldn't be necessary (according to
>the documentation). In addition, one of the tables needing this doesn't
just
>have data in it ... it has A LOT of data in it. It would not be a small,
>short running job.

Well, I'm not a MySQL pro at all, but if this InnoDB
is running in its own table space, the data will have to
be transferred into there anyway.

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Server.
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

Thread
Converting table typeMichael Satterwhite30 Oct
  • Re: Converting table typeMartijn Tonies30 Oct
    • Re: Converting table typeMichael Satterwhite30 Oct
  • Re: Converting table typeMartijn Tonies30 Oct
  • Re: Converting table typePaul DuBois30 Oct
    • Re: Converting table typeMichael Satterwhite30 Oct
      • Re: Converting table typePaul DuBois30 Oct
  • Re: Converting table typeGleb Paharenko30 Oct
  • Re: Converting table typeMartijn Tonies31 Oct