List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Satterwhite Date:October 30 2004 2:24pm
Subject:Converting table type
View as plain text
I'm running MySQL 4.0.21

In order to use Foreign Keys, I'm trying to convert a table Type to INNODB. I
issue a statement of the form

 Alter Table TblName Type=INNODB;

This statement appears to execute correctly. I would expect this to affect the
Show Create Table output, but when I say

 Show Create Table TblName;

The output still indicates MyISAM. If I add a Foreign Key with On Delete
Cascade On Update Cascade, it does not show up in the Show Create Table, and
Updating the Foreign key does not cascade to the table with the Foreign Key
Constraint.

What am I doing wrong?

Converting table typeMichael Satterwhite30 Oct
  • Re: Converting table typeMartijn Tonies30 Oct
    • Re: Converting table typeMichael Satterwhite30 Oct
  • Re: Converting table typeMartijn Tonies30 Oct
  • Re: Converting table typePaul DuBois30 Oct
    • Re: Converting table typeMichael Satterwhite30 Oct
      • Re: Converting table typePaul DuBois30 Oct
  • Re: Converting table typeGleb Paharenko30 Oct
  • Re: Converting table typeMartijn Tonies31 Oct