List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Fred Read Date:April 13 1999 9:32am
Subject:Re: FAQ vs Manual
View as plain text
jonathan michaels wrote:

> to the list, i a[plogoes in advance concenrning this post. i am
> sick and tired of jeks like this read weenie tacking it upon
> himsself, itself or herself as the case maybe to responf in
> this manner to and about people he has no knowledge about.

As, in turn, you have no knowledge of me. In my experience,
when a certain type of person knows they are losing the
argument they resort to abuse.
This is not a reference to your physical condition but to
your mental attitude.

> in australia we have laws govening teh villification of
> disabled people, he should count himself lucky he is not a
> resident in australia, or that i don't have the funds to mount
> an action in the internatiol coutrs.

As we do this this country. I do not "mock the afflicted" and
as my own health is far from perfect I have some sympathy for
your condition. However, I have NO sympathy for your attitude.

Any court in the world or even the most shyterish of shyster
lawyers would laugh you out of court!

Anyone can wallow in self pity and then say "it's not my fault,
I'm physically/intellectually/visually challenged". What I am
talking about is self respect. If you post sensible items you
will be well receive. Post aggressive destructive items and
you will be critised, asked to justify yourself and, ultimately,
ignored.

> i am an invalid pensioner, i am at best 35 percent disabled, on
> a good day, the bad days see me near vegetable like in bed
> staring at the ceiling, i don't have many freinds, nor
> visitors, my only social out let is via email and now this self
> styled high plaines drifter seeks to take this away from me,
> this is why i've responded with such otrage and so publically.

Rubbish. I have critised your unjust comments regarding the
manual which I consider to be one of the best. Anything else
is in your mind.

> i'd like to participate more freely in the email banter, but i
> know who i am and where i come from and how i am recieved by
> people at large, this is why i restrcict my posts to asking
> direct questions about issues that i need to directly access,
> and i reply to posts that i think i can contribute to inspite
> of my debilitated state. twenty yrsr ago i would have take this
> read character in my stride and shaken it of as as so much dog
> droppings on my boot .. now, well now he attacks all that ihave
> left in teh world and i feel i must defend it, because i loose
> som much, even on a daily basis.

If you had phrased your comments in a more constructive manner
they might have been better received. Just saying:

 "The manual is crap, I could do better in a couple of weeks"

doesn't help anyone.

> today i ma far more ludic and in mucl less pain, also ic an see
> more or less clearly fro me the tinly charst on teh 13inch
> cress i can afford .. sure i'd liek thiongs to be different but
> freinds we can choose, and after we have spent all we can spend
> on medical science thier comes a time that what is left is teh
> body we have left, the core bits we are not free to chose or
> disregard.

I have assisted a number of local charities by donating used
equipment to them. Perhaps a well worded *polite* appeal to
a local company would furnish you with a more suitable item?
It's amazing what you can get in return for a picture in the
papers - believe me, I've got a lot of stuff for charity that
way!

> well i
> ve already sdi too much and i can sence teh spelling is failin
> and characters sets are being reversed.
>
> On Mon, Apr 12, 1999 at 10:45:54AM +0000, Fred Read wrote:
> > jonathan michaels wrote:
> > >
> > > the stuff at www.mysql.com looke like someting i could have
> > > thrown together in a few days, or a week and a bit if i had to
> > > do it my self .. back when i was employed as a systems guy in
> > > teh 70's and 80's.
> >
> > With 10 obvious spelling and grammatical errors in less than
> > 50 words - I seriously doubt it!
>
> get your dictionary our=t .. not the wone with cute oictures
> and relly big type and lookup,
>
> dsylexia, notor neurone disorder, arthritis, sever chronic and
> intractable pain, and finally morphine.
>
> i've lieve this thos illness that has threated to kill me for
> some 30 years ... i've put up with bigioets like you for 47
> years.

I am not a bigot. Well, no more than the next man. We all have
our personal preferences but that does not make us bigots.

Whilst we're on the subject of dictionaries, does yours contain
"constructive", "polite", "well mannered" or just "aggressive"
and "bitter" ?

> you want to take me on feel free, i've chewed up jerls like you
> for breakfast for teh last 20 plus years.

I don't want to "take you on" as you put it [and I am not a jerl].
If you behave in the manner you did PEOPLE WILL RESPOND. Behave
in a less aggressive manner and people are more likely to listen
to what you have to say.

> i hope you live ling enough to find out wha its like tp pray
> for death every time you go to bead.
>
> i cnat do much any more, what with teh crippling pain, the near
> bed riden state, and teh chronic financial fatigue my illness
> places on the invalid pension .. etc etc. its jerls like you
> that give me the courage to take on tasks that are too big,
> most offten i fail in a big heap but this time i am going to
> make sure it succeds just so i can rub your putrid littl face
> in it netcom user.

What is the point of all the personal insults? Doesn't your
argument have enough weight to stand up without them? They
sure don't help your case...

> > As this is obviously a Troll [Flame Bait], it is probably
> > best to ignore it and it will go away...
>
> either you are stupid, or you casnnot read .... well the netcom
> in the email addr says it all i suppose, how sad you really are.

More insults, no added value.

> no sadder than i for responding to this drivel.
>
> i hope it made your day you lonlely pathetic little person.

I'm sorry, I didn't understand that.

> don't forget next wekk is going to be called bek kind to
> animals and the disabled week, try to take part, because on
> your next step out of bed you could become just like us. pray
> you are just a semi disabled person a paraplegic in a
> wheelchair, at least you will be able to still uyse a keyboard
> and see the screen abd thing clearly and no require mind
> nunbinh body destroying narcotices levels to just sit up and
> talk. pray yo don't get a genuinely disabled bpdy.

This has nothing whatsoever to do with the argument.
You posted an opinion you cannot defend and are now hiding
behind your disability to draw attention from that fact.

    YOU brought up the fact of your disability, not me or
    anyone else.

    NOBODY would be aware of this massive red herring were
    it not for you.

> jonathan michaels, disabled person at large and not so
> polite advcate.

Fred Read,
Hopeless putrid paced bigot and sad jerl who can't read

PS: Jon, if you want to reply perhaps you could do it
    to me personally as, like the Yugoslavian thread,
    your personal insults don't belong on this list.

    [Reply To: set appropriately].
--

If it ain't opinionated, it ain't Rich Teer.
Thread
How to switch users.Srini Bhamidipaty9 Apr
  • Re: Problem connecting to db in MySql from Java codeDavid Halsted15 Sep
Re: How to switch users.Fred Lindberg9 Apr
  • RE: How to switch users.Srini Bhamidipaty9 Apr
RE: How to switch users.Fred Lindberg9 Apr
  • Creating a SQL script to generate tables.Srini Bhamidipaty9 Apr
    • RE: Creating a SQL script to generate tables.Jay Miller9 Apr
      • RE: Creating a SQL script to generate tables.Srini Bhamidipaty9 Apr
        • Re: Creating a SQL script to generate tables.Thimble Smith9 Apr
Re: Creating a SQL script to generate tables.Fred Lindberg9 Apr
  • FAQ vs Manual (was: Re: Creating a SQL script...)S. Whitmore10 Apr
Re: FAQ vs Manual (was: Re: Creating a SQL script...)Fred Lindberg10 Apr
  • Re: FAQ vs Manual (was: Re: Creating a SQL script...)Ed Carp11 Apr
  • Re: FAQ vs Manual (was: Re: Creating a SQL script...)Michael Widenius11 Apr
    • Re: FAQ vs ManualPeter F. Brown11 Apr
      • Re: FAQ vs Manualjonathan michaels11 Apr
  • Re: FAQ vs Manual (was: Re: Creating a SQL script...)Ed Carp11 Apr
  • Re: FAQ vs Manual (was: Re: Creating a SQL script...)kalle volkov11 Apr
    • Re: FAQ vs Manual (was: Re: Creating a SQL script...)Steve Edberg11 Apr
      • Re: FAQ vs ManualPaul DuBois11 Apr
        • Re: FAQ vs ManualIsabelle Poueriet18 Apr
  • Re: FAQ vs ManualEd Carp11 Apr
    • Re: FAQ vs ManualPaul DuBois11 Apr
    • Re: FAQ vs Manualjonathan michaels12 Apr
      • Re: FAQ vs ManualPaul DuBois12 Apr
  • Re: FAQ vs ManualEd Carp11 Apr
  • Re: FAQ vs ManualEd Carp12 Apr
    • Re: FAQ vs ManualIsabelle Poueriet18 Apr
  • Re: FAQ vs ManualFred Read12 Apr
    • Re: FAQ vs Manualjonathan michaels13 Apr
  • Re: FAQ vs Manual (was: Re: Creating a SQL script...)Fred Read12 Apr
    • Re: FAQ vs Manual (was: Re: Creating a SQL script...)Isabelle Poueriet18 Apr
  • Re: FAQ vs ManualRichard Reina13 Apr
  • Re: FAQ vs ManualFred Read13 Apr
  • Re: FAQ vs Manual (was: Re: Creating a SQL script...)Ed Carp13 Apr
    • Re: FAQ vs Manual (was: Re: Creating a SQL script...)Vivek Khera14 Apr
  • Re: FAQ vs Manual (was: Re: Creating a SQL script...)Fred Read13 Apr
    • Re: FAQ vs Manual (was: Re: Creating a SQL script...)Micheal Mc Evoy13 Apr
  • Re: FAQ vs Manual (was: Re: Creating a SQL script...)Ed Carp13 Apr
  • Re: FAQ vs Manual (was: Re: Creating a SQL script...)Ed Carp14 Apr
    • Re: FAQ vs Manual (was: Re: Creating a SQL script...)jonathan michaels15 Apr
      • Re: FAQ vs Manual (was: Re: Creating a SQL script...)Darrell Shifflett15 Apr
Re: FAQ vs Manual (was: Re: Creating a SQL script...)Fred Lindberg12 Apr
  • More about my FAQ...S. Whitmore13 Apr
    • Re: More about my FAQ...Fred Read13 Apr
    • Re: More about my FAQ...Ed Carp13 Apr
Re: FAQ vs Manualluuk13 Apr