List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:matt_lists Date:October 25 2004 6:51pm
Subject:bug or feature, <> 'blah' does NOT work with null records
View as plain text
I cant tell if this is a bug or a feature.

Select from table where col <> 'blah'

I use this all the time with other databases, works great, gives me
everything that's not "blah"

but in mysql, it wont work if there's null records in the table

I have to do this, select from table where ( col <> 'blah or isnull(col) )

using 4.0.16 (every time I try to upgrade, I get bit by date bugs with
the odbc drivers)
Thread
bug or feature, <> 'blah' does NOT work with null recordsmatt_lists25 Oct
  • Re: bug or feature, <> 'blah' does NOT work with null recordsKeith Ivey25 Oct
    • Re: bug or feature, <> 'blah' does NOT work with null recordsSGreen25 Oct
  • Re: bug or feature, <> 'blah' does NOT work with null recordsPaul DuBois25 Oct
  • Re: bug or feature, <> 'blah' does NOT work with null recordsHarald Fuchs28 Oct
  • Re: bug or feature, <> 'blah' does NOT work with null recordsJigal van Hemert28 Oct
    • Re: bug or feature, <> 'blah' does NOT work with null records(Pete Harlan)29 Oct
  • Re: bug or feature, <> 'blah' does NOT work with null recordsHarald Fuchs28 Oct
  • Re: bug or feature, <> 'blah' does NOT work with null recordsJigal van Hemert28 Oct
  • Re: bug or feature, <> 'blah' does NOT work with null recordsMartijn Tonies30 Oct
RE: bug or feature, <> 'blah' does NOT work with null recordsJay Blanchard25 Oct