List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Patrick Hsieh(謝洪恩) Date:October 21 2004 1:02pm
Subject:Re: Transfering data from postgresql to MySQL
View as plain text
now I managed to dump table schema with pg_dump. However,
is there any schema converting tool available? I don't want to edit
each table schema to make it mysql-compliant.

Ideas?

Pahud

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 12:23:41 +0200, Jochem van Dieten <jochemd@stripped> wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 18:08:24 +0800, 謝洪恩 Patrick Hsieh wrote:
> >
> > I am planing to transfer data from postgresql to mysql. Is there any
> > useful tools, scripts or  utilities to achieve this?
>
> pg_dump
>
> First dump the schema, edit that until you have something MySQL
> understands. Then dump the data using the -d option so you have full
> inserts instead of the usual COPY syntax and feed the file to the
> MySQL command line client.
>
> Jochem

Patrick Hsieh(謝洪恩) <pahudnet@stripped>
MSN: pahud@stripped      | ICQ: 97133580
Skype: pahud_at_pahud.net | YIM: pahudnet
pub  1024D/203F7DF1 2001/12/25 Patrick Hsieh (Pahud) <pahud@stripped>
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x203F7DF1
Thread
Transfering data from postgresql to MySQLPatrick Hsieh(謝洪恩)18 Oct
  • Re: Transfering data from postgresql to MySQLJochem van Dieten18 Oct
    • Re: Transfering data from postgresql to MySQLKaram Chand18 Oct
    • Re: Transfering data from postgresql to MySQLPatrick Hsieh(謝洪恩)21 Oct
  • Re: Transfering data from postgresql to MySQLMartijn Tonies21 Oct