List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul Schwarzl Date:April 13 1999 6:08am
Subject:Re: Crystal report with mysql?
View as plain text
Xah Lee wrote:
> Has any one used the database query application CrystalReport of Seagate?

Hi!

I use CrystalReports 4.6 (came with VB5) connected to mysql with odbc.

If you just connect Crystal via ODBC to mysql to have not to expect any
problems.

The only problem I got:
	I was unable to start a report (from a VB6-app,data not saved within
report) til I filled out all the fields in the odbc-source.
The connect-proporty (filled in runtime: "dsn=a;db=b;uid=c;pwd=d;") from the
crystal-ocx doesent work with mysql for me. (like it does for other db´s).

		I would like to know what I´m doing wrong!

>We are using Debian Linux with MySql with plans to upgrade to DB2 or
Oracle.

You won't get much problems using crystalreport and oracle. I got many
problems connecting anything (through odbc -
ibm-personal-communication-suite) to a DB2 on a AS400. An eval. Version of
DB2 for NT worked fine.

But, if its possible to choose mysql I would never up(down)grade to any
other db.

Thread
Crystal report with mysql?Xah Lee13 Apr
Re: Crystal report with mysql?Paul Schwarzl13 Apr
  • Re: Crystal report with mysql?Michael Widenius13 Apr
Re: Crystal report with mysql?Colin McKinnon13 Apr
  • Re: Crystal report with mysql?Pat Sherrill13 Apr
  • Re: Crystal report with mysql?Ed Carp13 Apr