List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:<lakshmi.narasimharao Date:October 19 2004 11:12am
Subject:Sequences and Synomyms
View as plain text

Hi,
    I am new to mysql. I want to create sequences in mysql 4.0 which
should be equivalent to oracle sequences. I gone through the mysql
manual, Auto_Increment(), C API mysql_insert_id() and LAST_INSERT_ID()
are there for sequences. Last_insert_id() gives the last value.
I want actual migration to mysql for the following oracle statements

create sequence msdba.msuser_sequence maxvalue 100000000 cycle order;
msuser_sequence.currval
select msuser_sequence.nextval from dual;
grant all on msuser_sequence to msuser;

Could you please suggest how to do it.

And also I want to create synonym in mysql for the following oracle
statement

create synonym msuser.ms_sequence for msdba.msuser_sequence;

Please help me in this.

Thanks,
Narasimha

Confidentiality Notice

The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message
are intended
for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain confidential or privileged
information. If
you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender at Wipro or
Mailadmin@stripped immediately
Sequences and Synomymslakshmi.narasimharao19 Oct