List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Stassen Date:October 15 2004 7:29pm
Subject:Re: Adding DSN into Coldfusion Admin?
View as plain text
Did the gibberish look something like this?

   Trying web-server2...
   Connected to web-server2.
   Escape character is '^]'.
   :
   4.1.4a-gamma
               P--=)TK],rFDbDid:5:di

Bad handshakeConnection closed by foreign host.

If so, you got through to the mysql server.  (See the version number?)
You weren't connecting as a proper mysql client, so the last string doesn't
make sense to you, and your answer didn't make sense to the mysql server, so
it hung up on you.  The point of the test was simply to see if you could get
through to mysql on port 3306 (port is open) or not (port is blocked,
probably by a firewall).  It looks like you got through.

Michael

Steve Grosz wrote:

> I also get the jibberish, and a connection lost error message.  Is it
> something in MySql server that I'm not setting up correctly?
>
> Jochem van Dieten wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 10:26:22 -0600, Steve Grosz wrote:
>>
>>> Ok, with leaving the : off the end, and just typing telnet web-server2
>>> 3306 I get some jibberish on the screen, and a 'connection lost' message
>>> after a few seconds.  That's coming from a machine on the same side of
>>> the firewall as the Sql server.  For the other IIS server and Coldfusion
>>> server to the Sql server, still get a 'can't connect message'.  I'm
>>> pretty sure its not a firewall issue, but I'll have to take another
>>> look.
>>

>> Repeat that telnet test from the machine running ColdFusion.
>>
>> Jochem

Thread
Adding DSN into Coldfusion Admin?Steve Grosz14 Oct
  • Re: Adding DSN into Coldfusion Admin?Eric Bergen14 Oct
    • Re: Adding DSN into Coldfusion Admin?Steve Grosz14 Oct
    • Re: Adding DSN into Coldfusion Admin?Steve Grosz14 Oct
      • Re: Adding DSN into Coldfusion Admin?Dwalu Z. Khasu14 Oct
        • Re: Adding DSN into Coldfusion Admin?Steve Grosz15 Oct
          • Re: Adding DSN into Coldfusion Admin?Bernard Clement15 Oct
          • Re: Adding DSN into Coldfusion Admin?Dwalu Z. Khasu15 Oct
            • Re: Adding DSN into Coldfusion Admin?Dwalu Z. Khasu15 Oct
              • Re: Adding DSN into Coldfusion Admin?Steve Grosz15 Oct
                • Re: Adding DSN into Coldfusion Admin?Jochem van Dieten15 Oct
                  • Re: Adding DSN into Coldfusion Admin?Steve Grosz15 Oct
                    • Re: Adding DSN into Coldfusion Admin?Michael Stassen15 Oct
                    • Re: Adding DSN into Coldfusion Admin?Jochem van Dieten15 Oct
                    • Re: Adding DSN into Coldfusion Admin?Jochem van Dieten15 Oct
                    • Re: Adding DSN into Coldfusion Admin?SGreen18 Oct
RE: Adding DSN into Coldfusion Admin?SST - Adelaide)15 Oct