List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Date:October 14 2004 1:24am
Subject:ANN: Gtk2::Ex::DBI-0.3
View as plain text
Hi all.

I'm pleased to announce the 3rd release of Gtk2::Ex::DBI, along with a
webpage for it ( which has some more basic documentation ):
http://enthalpy.homelinux.org/Gtk2-Ex-DBI/

Gtk2::Ex::DBI is a helper object that makes your gtk2-perl apps data aware.

Basically, you design your GUI with Glade, and write the application
logic in Perl <http://www.perl.org>. You then use DBI to open a
connection to your database server, and use Gtk2::Ex::DBI to keep your
GUI in sync with your database, and visa versa.

Changes in this release:

- Added DATE-ONLY support for Gnome2::DateEdit ( only tested with
MySQL's yyyy-mm-dd format ... BEWARE !!! )
- Added 'order by' support
- 'revert' method now deletes the current record from the *in-memory*
recordset if we are currently inserting a new record
- *** Added dependancy*** : Gtk2::Ex::Dialogs - used instead of my own (
admittedly dodgy ) msgbox() function
- Added 'fieldlist' method, which returns a list of fields ( taken from
the DB server )
- 'apply' and 'paint' methods now use $self->fieldlist which is far more
robust than looking at the current position's fieldlist ( in some cases
will only contain the primary key )
- Removed dependance on 'stuff.pm'. Moved date_from_GtkCalendar and
date_to_GtkCalendar functionality back into Gtk2::Ex::DBI ( maybe should
be another package? ).
- Added ExtUtils::MakeMaker support for installation

Dan

Thread
ANN: Gtk2::Ex::DBI-0.3Dan14 Oct