List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Elim Qiu Date:October 13 2004 9:58pm
Subject:Re: fetch certain number of matches
View as plain text
I have a table got about 200000 rows. I want my web application be able to perform search
(dynamic query on this table).
the search can be quite complex because we need to look at other tables through
relationships. So the query may be
an expensive one. But the ideal thing is to get the count of the matches and then just
fetch, say 25 rows at a time to
be displayed on a web page. And my question is, give a query, how to let mysql just return
certain number of matches?

Of course I can let the web app ignore what not be displayed (hide them, say), but there
may be expensive memory
usage and cpu usage to do so.