List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:sam1600 Date:April 13 1999 3:00am
Subject:Mysql lacks the Postgres "Object ID"?
View as plain text
Hello,

A database schema and php program written for
Posgress that I am trying to change for Mysql
uses a column type called "OID":

"Each PostgreSQL table has a, system assigned, oid
(object ID) column which is useful for uniquely
identifying rows. Users have vertually no control
over it value."

I guess there wouldn't be a "drop in" replacement
type in Mysql that I overlooked would there? Or a
sane workaround?

Thanks
-Sam