List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:roland Date:October 8 2004 12:06pm
Subject:reduced installation
View as plain text
Hello,

I am new to Mysql well relatively anyway. I want to install it on an embedded
PC 104 linux machine but have a problem.

-Limited space less than 8MB flash disk

I have decided to look at installing the binary dstribution according to the
instruction in the manual but then only loading the files that are strictly
necessary. Eg without any documentation etc.

Could someone tell me which files are absolutely necessary and which files and
directories I can afford to ommit?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Roland

--
-"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."

-(Thomas Alva Edison 1847-1931)

Thread
reduced installationroland8 Oct