List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Harald Fuchs Date:October 5 2004 11:26am
Subject:Re: CREATE VIEW gets all mangled up when doing SHOW CREATE VIEW
View as plain text
In article <f96a9b830410050323104845d8@stripped>,
Jochem van Dieten <jochemd@stripped> writes:

> Since the is no requirement to have an accessible DEFINITION_SCHEMA
> there may be a mechanism to recreate the definition on the fly from
> other information, but the same goes for the other view related base
> tables in the DEFINITION_SCHEMA. I see no requirement to store only
> the structure and not the SQL string.

You're right, my wording was sloppy.  What I meant is that
information_schema must be able to _return_ (not _store_) information
about the structure.  In theory this could be achieved by storing the
original SQL string only and parsing it on the fly, but this looks
clumsy to me.

> While I don't really care about the way the structure of a view is
> returned, I would very much like for it to be without those backticks.

... unless required if you use strange column names.  I agree on that.

Thread
CREATE VIEW gets all mangled up when doing SHOW CREATE VIEWMartijn Tonies29 Sep
  • Re: CREATE VIEW gets all mangled up when doing SHOW CREATE VIEWEldo Skaria4 Oct
    • Re: CREATE VIEW gets all mangled up when doing SHOW CREATE VIEWJochem van Dieten4 Oct
  • Re: CREATE VIEW gets all mangled up when doing SHOW CREATE VIEWMartijn Tonies4 Oct
  • Re: CREATE VIEW gets all mangled up when doing SHOW CREATE VIEWMartijn Tonies4 Oct
  • Re: CREATE VIEW gets all mangled up when doing SHOW CREATE VIEWHarald Fuchs5 Oct
    • Re: CREATE VIEW gets all mangled up when doing SHOW CREATE VIEWJochem van Dieten5 Oct
  • Re: CREATE VIEW gets all mangled up when doing SHOW CREATE VIEWMartijn Tonies5 Oct