List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:alex ye Date:October 5 2004 3:20am
Subject:Re: Does anyone has the experience on migrating mysql server from 32bit sysem to a 64bit system?
View as plain text
Thanks Eric.
But  our data is very big(about 400G), server don't have enough disk space and it will
take long time to finish the dump.
 It may cause problem to floats if just copy data files to a 64 bit system?

--Alex

Eric Bergen <eric.bergen@stripped> wrote:
The safest thing you can do to protect floats and the like is to use
mysqldump to dump them to a .sql on the 32 bit system then import them
again on the 64 bit system.

-Eric

--
Eric Bergen