List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jochem van Dieten Date:October 4 2004 7:32pm
Subject:Re: CREATE VIEW gets all mangled up when doing SHOW CREATE VIEW
View as plain text
On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 00:27:45 +0530, Eldo Skaria wrote:

> I suppose these are the ways with Databases. They don't work the way
> we like them to.
> So please adjust with it. For this matter I think, any RDBMS will be
> doing their or paddings to the scripts when they are loading it in
> memories.

But that doesn't make it right.

Specifically, I seem to remember from the SQL standard that the use of
database.table.field is undesired (or schema.table.field if you don't
use MySQL) and instead database.table should be aliassed. In that case
it should be:
CREATE VIEW test.myview2 AS select alias.c1 AS t0 from test.t alias;

Further, I would like to second Martijn's opinion regarding backticks.
It is bad enough that the SQL standard double quote isn't used, let's
not make it worse by including unwanted backticks.

Jochem
Thread
CREATE VIEW gets all mangled up when doing SHOW CREATE VIEWMartijn Tonies29 Sep
  • Re: CREATE VIEW gets all mangled up when doing SHOW CREATE VIEWEldo Skaria4 Oct
    • Re: CREATE VIEW gets all mangled up when doing SHOW CREATE VIEWJochem van Dieten4 Oct
  • Re: CREATE VIEW gets all mangled up when doing SHOW CREATE VIEWMartijn Tonies4 Oct
  • Re: CREATE VIEW gets all mangled up when doing SHOW CREATE VIEWMartijn Tonies4 Oct
  • Re: CREATE VIEW gets all mangled up when doing SHOW CREATE VIEWHarald Fuchs5 Oct
    • Re: CREATE VIEW gets all mangled up when doing SHOW CREATE VIEWJochem van Dieten5 Oct
  • Re: CREATE VIEW gets all mangled up when doing SHOW CREATE VIEWMartijn Tonies5 Oct