List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:October 4 2004 7:06pm
Subject:Re: CREATE VIEW gets all mangled up when doing SHOW CREATE VIEW
View as plain text
Hello Eldo,

> I suppose these are the ways with Databases. They don't work the way
> we like them to.
> So please adjust with it. For this matter I think, any RDBMS will be
> doing their or paddings to the scripts when they are loading it in
> memories.
> just the same way for oracle(where i have some (in)experience). so,
> "don;'t worry, be happy".

This is plain rubbish. See my other example with a more complicated

MS SQL, or Firebird, for example, store the view-source as defined -
this includes comments, spacing etc etc... In short: it becomes usuable.

MySQL should do this too. From reading these lists, I think MySQL
only stores the resulting structure - or something similar - and
(currently) not the view source. To make views useful, better change
it... :-)

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Server.
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

Thread
CREATE VIEW gets all mangled up when doing SHOW CREATE VIEWMartijn Tonies29 Sep
  • Re: CREATE VIEW gets all mangled up when doing SHOW CREATE VIEWEldo Skaria4 Oct
    • Re: CREATE VIEW gets all mangled up when doing SHOW CREATE VIEWJochem van Dieten4 Oct
  • Re: CREATE VIEW gets all mangled up when doing SHOW CREATE VIEWMartijn Tonies4 Oct
  • Re: CREATE VIEW gets all mangled up when doing SHOW CREATE VIEWMartijn Tonies4 Oct
  • Re: CREATE VIEW gets all mangled up when doing SHOW CREATE VIEWHarald Fuchs5 Oct
    • Re: CREATE VIEW gets all mangled up when doing SHOW CREATE VIEWJochem van Dieten5 Oct
  • Re: CREATE VIEW gets all mangled up when doing SHOW CREATE VIEWMartijn Tonies5 Oct