List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:October 4 2004 9:03am
Subject:Re: MySQL Order by 2 date fields
View as plain text
Hello,

> I have two date fields (1095689105) in mysql. One is Creation date and
> other is Modify date. If news is not modified its value is 0. How can I
> sort my news so modify date is more important (if exists) than creation
> date?

What about an ORDER BY with a CASE statement that uses
the CreationDate if ModifyDate = 0 and ModifyDate if it's <> 0.

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Server.
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

Thread
MySQL Order by 2 date fieldsKhan4 Oct
  • Re: MySQL Order by 2 date fieldsMartijn Tonies4 Oct
    • Re: MySQL Order by 2 date fieldsPaul4 Oct
      • Re: MySQL Order by 2 date fieldsEldo Skaria4 Oct
        • Re: MySQL Order by 2 date fieldsSGreen4 Oct