List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:September 29 2004 9:57am
Subject:CREATE VIEW gets all mangled up when doing SHOW CREATE VIEW
View as plain text
Hi there,

I'm testing MySQL 5.0.1 a bit - and I noticed the following...

When executing this:
create view myview2 (t0)
as select c1 from t

It returns this when doing a SHOW CREATE VIEW myview2:
CREATE VIEW test.myview2 AS select `test`.`t`.`c1` AS `t0` from `test`.`t`

This is not at all what I entered.

I dislike backticks unless I specify them. I don't want a database
name included unless I specify it (from `test`.`t`).

Can the annoying behaviour be changed or turned off?

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Server.
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

Thread
CREATE VIEW gets all mangled up when doing SHOW CREATE VIEWMartijn Tonies29 Sep
  • Re: CREATE VIEW gets all mangled up when doing SHOW CREATE VIEWEldo Skaria4 Oct
    • Re: CREATE VIEW gets all mangled up when doing SHOW CREATE VIEWJochem van Dieten4 Oct
  • Re: CREATE VIEW gets all mangled up when doing SHOW CREATE VIEWMartijn Tonies4 Oct
  • Re: CREATE VIEW gets all mangled up when doing SHOW CREATE VIEWMartijn Tonies4 Oct
  • Re: CREATE VIEW gets all mangled up when doing SHOW CREATE VIEWHarald Fuchs5 Oct
    • Re: CREATE VIEW gets all mangled up when doing SHOW CREATE VIEWJochem van Dieten5 Oct
  • Re: CREATE VIEW gets all mangled up when doing SHOW CREATE VIEWMartijn Tonies5 Oct