List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Eve Atley Date:September 28 2004 7:56pm
Subject:RE: Multiple Insert Statement?
View as plain text
Then I need help getting on the right track here. What I really want to do
is something like the following:

INSERT INTO wow.resume_erp (Candidate_ID, Section_ID, Section_Value) SELECT
* FROM wow.resume r WHERE r.Candidate_ID = '13103';

INSERT INTO wow.candidate_erp
(Candidate_ID, Vendor_ID, Last_Name, First_Name, Middle_Initial,
Condition_Type, Employer, Country_ID, Visa_Status, Dt_Visa, MMDD_Birth, SSN,
CSG_Comments, Working, Available, Start_Date, Location, HoldOnPeriod,
Relocation, Tech_Ranking, Comm_Ranking, Availability, Cert_Comments,
Dt_Submitted, Def_Rate, Def_Rate_Unit, Other_Country, Currency_id,
Interview_Availability, Interview_Contact, US_Experience, Location_Country)
SELECT *
FROM wow.candidate c
WHERE c.Candidate_ID = '13103';

Yet pulled from the resultset in this query:

SELECT * FROM wow.resume r INNER JOIN wow.candidate c WHERE r.Section_ID =
'1' AND MATCH (r.Section_Value) AGAINST ('+baan' IN BOOLEAN MODE) AND
c.Candidate_ID = r.Candidate_ID;

Perhaps the above isn't set up correctly, as when I attempt these queries:

INSERT INTO wow.candidate_erp
(Candidate_ID, Section_ID, Section_Value)
SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS *
FROM wow.candidate;

INSERT INTO wow.resume_erp
(Candidate_ID, Vendor_ID, Last_Name, First_Name, Middle_Initial,
Condition_Type, Employer, Country_ID, Visa_Status, Dt_Visa, MMDD_Birth, SSN,
CSG_Comments, Working, Available, Start_Date, Location, HoldOnPeriod,
Relocation, Tech_Ranking, Comm_Ranking, Availability, Cert_Comments,
Dt_Submitted, Def_Rate, Def_Rate_Unit, Other_Country, Currency_id,
Interview_Availability, Interview_Contact, US_Experience, Location_Country)
SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS *
FROM wow.resume;

...it returns an error of 1136: Column count doesn't match value count at
row 1. The query "INSERT INTO wow.resume_erp (Candidate_ID, Section_ID,
Section_Value) SELECT * FROM wow.resume r WHERE r.Candidate_ID = '13103';"
is impractical when my results are over 400.

Thanks,
Eve

Thread
ImagesGH28 Sep
  • Re: ImagesEric Bergen28 Sep
  • Re: ImagesJigal van Hemert28 Sep
    • Re: ImagesDreamWerx28 Sep
      • Re: ImagesGH28 Sep
        • Re: ImagesDreamWerx28 Sep
          • RE: ImagesEd Lazor28 Sep
RE: Imagesjabbott28 Sep
  • RE: ImagesEd Lazor28 Sep
Re: ImagesEric Bergen28 Sep
  • RE: ImagesEd Lazor28 Sep
  • RE: ImagesEd Lazor28 Sep
Re: ImagesDreamWerx28 Sep
  • RE: ImagesEd Lazor28 Sep
  • Multiple Insert Statement?Eve Atley28 Sep
    • Re: Multiple Insert Statement?GH28 Sep
      • Re: Multiple Insert Statement?SGreen28 Sep
    • Re: Multiple Insert Statement?Paul DuBois28 Sep
      • RE: Multiple Insert Statement?Eve Atley28 Sep
        • RE: Multiple Insert Statement?mos28 Sep
        • Re: Multiple Insert Statement?Rhino28 Sep
        • Re: Multiple Insert Statement?Rhino29 Sep
  • RE: ImagesEd Lazor28 Sep
Re: ImagesDreamWerx28 Sep
  • Re: ImagesGH28 Sep
    • Re: ImagesDreamWerx28 Sep