List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ed Lazor Date:September 28 2004 4:55pm
Subject:RE: Images
View as plain text

I agree.  That's the approach I used.  Data on products are stored in a
products table, while images are stored in a table called images.  The
images table has the following fields: ID, ProductID, SizeID, Image.  There
are 4 images of different resolutions for each product.  The SizeID is used
to tell which resolution is being requested.  For example:

Select Image from images where ProductID='8443' AND SizeID='1'

ProductID is an int.  SizeID is a small int.  The Image field is largeblob,
because some images are as large as 300k.  However, images are generally
15k, 45k, 90k, and 180k, so perhaps largeblob is causing a performance loss?

I also plan on using caching tools, so maybe performance tuning on the
backend isn't as significant?  What do you think?

-Ed

Thread
ImagesGH28 Sep
  • Re: ImagesEric Bergen28 Sep
  • Re: ImagesJigal van Hemert28 Sep
    • Re: ImagesDreamWerx28 Sep
      • Re: ImagesGH28 Sep
        • Re: ImagesDreamWerx28 Sep
          • RE: ImagesEd Lazor28 Sep
RE: Imagesjabbott28 Sep
  • RE: ImagesEd Lazor28 Sep
Re: ImagesEric Bergen28 Sep
  • RE: ImagesEd Lazor28 Sep
  • RE: ImagesEd Lazor28 Sep
Re: ImagesDreamWerx28 Sep
  • RE: ImagesEd Lazor28 Sep
  • Multiple Insert Statement?Eve Atley28 Sep
    • Re: Multiple Insert Statement?GH28 Sep
      • Re: Multiple Insert Statement?SGreen28 Sep
    • Re: Multiple Insert Statement?Paul DuBois28 Sep
      • RE: Multiple Insert Statement?Eve Atley28 Sep
        • RE: Multiple Insert Statement?mos28 Sep
        • Re: Multiple Insert Statement?Rhino28 Sep
        • Re: Multiple Insert Statement?Rhino29 Sep
  • RE: ImagesEd Lazor28 Sep
Re: ImagesDreamWerx28 Sep
  • Re: ImagesGH28 Sep
    • Re: ImagesDreamWerx28 Sep