List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:DreamWerx Date:September 28 2004 3:54pm
Subject:Re: Images
View as plain text
Separate/dedicated servers for web/database.   All the data was
chunked to allow faster streaming/lower overhead (large
images/files)..   If you have more specific questions I can answer
them..

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 11:49:27 -0400, GH <garyhotko@stripped> wrote:
> Is there anything special in your setup that you did to have such good
> performance?
>

> On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 11:47:26 -0400, DreamWerx <dreamwerx@stripped> wrote:
> > It's an argument that can go on forever...  We have 10's of thousands
> > of images in mysql databases..   very fast/reliable.. easy to
> > replicate, stream, etc..
> >

> > On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 08:42:13 +0200, Jigal van Hemert <jigal@stripped>
> wrote:
> > > From: "GH" <GaryHotko@stripped>

> > > The general opinion is that files should be stored in a file system and
> not
> > > a database. There are circumstances that you might want to store binary
> data
> > > in a database.
> > > Take a look at the BLOB column types
> > > (http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/BLOB.html).
> > >
> > > Regards, Jigal.
> > >

> > > --

ImagesGH28 Sep
  • Re: ImagesEric Bergen28 Sep
  • Re: ImagesJigal van Hemert28 Sep
    • Re: ImagesDreamWerx28 Sep
      • Re: ImagesGH28 Sep
        • Re: ImagesDreamWerx28 Sep
          • RE: ImagesEd Lazor28 Sep
RE: Imagesjabbott28 Sep
  • RE: ImagesEd Lazor28 Sep
Re: ImagesEric Bergen28 Sep
  • RE: ImagesEd Lazor28 Sep
  • RE: ImagesEd Lazor28 Sep
Re: ImagesDreamWerx28 Sep
  • RE: ImagesEd Lazor28 Sep
  • Multiple Insert Statement?Eve Atley28 Sep
    • Re: Multiple Insert Statement?GH28 Sep
      • Re: Multiple Insert Statement?SGreen28 Sep
    • Re: Multiple Insert Statement?Paul DuBois28 Sep
      • RE: Multiple Insert Statement?Eve Atley28 Sep
        • RE: Multiple Insert Statement?mos28 Sep
        • Re: Multiple Insert Statement?Rhino28 Sep
        • Re: Multiple Insert Statement?Rhino29 Sep
  • RE: ImagesEd Lazor28 Sep
Re: ImagesDreamWerx28 Sep
  • Re: ImagesGH28 Sep
    • Re: ImagesDreamWerx28 Sep