List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:DreamWerx Date:September 28 2004 3:47pm
Subject:Re: Images
View as plain text
It's an argument that can go on forever...  We have 10's of thousands
of images in mysql databases..   very fast/reliable.. easy to
replicate, stream, etc..

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 08:42:13 +0200, Jigal van Hemert <jigal@stripped> wrote:
> From: "GH" <GaryHotko@stripped>
>
> > I was wondering how to get images into and out of a Mysql database
> >  was told it was possible.
> >
> > I have  mysql 4.0.18
>
> The general opinion is that files should be stored in a file system and not
> a database. There are circumstances that you might want to store binary data
> in a database.
> Take a look at the BLOB column types
> (http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/BLOB.html).
>
> Regards, Jigal.

ImagesGH28 Sep
  • Re: ImagesEric Bergen28 Sep
  • Re: ImagesJigal van Hemert28 Sep
    • Re: ImagesDreamWerx28 Sep
      • Re: ImagesGH28 Sep
        • Re: ImagesDreamWerx28 Sep
          • RE: ImagesEd Lazor28 Sep
RE: Imagesjabbott28 Sep
  • RE: ImagesEd Lazor28 Sep
Re: ImagesEric Bergen28 Sep
  • RE: ImagesEd Lazor28 Sep
  • RE: ImagesEd Lazor28 Sep
Re: ImagesDreamWerx28 Sep
  • RE: ImagesEd Lazor28 Sep
  • Multiple Insert Statement?Eve Atley28 Sep
    • Re: Multiple Insert Statement?GH28 Sep
      • Re: Multiple Insert Statement?SGreen28 Sep
    • Re: Multiple Insert Statement?Paul DuBois28 Sep
      • RE: Multiple Insert Statement?Eve Atley28 Sep
        • RE: Multiple Insert Statement?mos28 Sep
        • Re: Multiple Insert Statement?Rhino28 Sep
        • Re: Multiple Insert Statement?Rhino29 Sep
  • RE: ImagesEd Lazor28 Sep
Re: ImagesDreamWerx28 Sep
  • Re: ImagesGH28 Sep
    • Re: ImagesDreamWerx28 Sep