List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:sam1600 Date:April 12 1999 10:26pm
Subject:Re: Please help me with these commands
View as plain text
Please see below...

sam1600@stripped wrote:
> > Line one:
> > create unique index oidindex on gens using btree (oid oid_ops);
>
> This creates an index for table 'gens' using the fields 'oid' and
> 'oid_ops'.  In MySQL the equivalent (assuming you've already created
> the 'gens' table) would be:
>
> ALTER TABLE gens ADD UNIQUE (oid, oid_ops)
>

> > Line two:
> > grant all on gens,lieux,rdv,contact,vacance to nobody;
>
> Recent MySQL versions have the GRANT command.  Upgrade to the latest
> version, and the above command should work (assuming you have all of
> the referenced tables and a user 'nobody').  Look at the manual for
> more information on the GRANT command.

Thank You Tim.

Would you please explain the following:
Here is the complete structure from the database that
I am converting to Mysql:

create table gens (nom varchar, prenom varchar, date date, com1 varchar,
                      primsup bool, etml float4, einev float4, perdu bool);
   create unique index oidindex on gens using btree (oid oid_ops);

   create table lieux (gens oid, descr varchar, adresse varchar, phone varchar,
                       email varchar, homepage varchar);

   create table rdv (resume varchar, debut datetime, fin datetime, alarme int,
                     detail varchar, prive bool, confirme bool);

   create table contact (rdv oid, adresse oid);

   create table vacance (resume varchar, debut date, fin date,
                         detail varchar);

   grant all on gens,lieux,rdv,contact,vacance to nobody;

-----
After what you (Tim) wrote, I'm assuming that:
"ALTER TABLE gens ADD UNIQUE (oid, oid_ops)"
both creates the Index for new fields: "oid, oid_ops"
and also ADDS the fields: "oid, oid_ops"... since
they did not exist before?

This is where it gets me really stumped. Assumeing that
"oid, oid_ops" have been created, and table "gens" now
includes them... is it true that the author of this
database is now also using "oid", both as a field data
type and a field name?

I though maybe he defined "oid" as a custom type but I
could not find it in the code(PHP).As far as I know
this is the complete definition for the database.

Please help... again.
-Sam