List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tim Johnson Date:September 18 2004 2:43am
Subject:Upgrading MySQL. Caveats or Cautions anyone?
View as plain text
Hello:
    Am currently using Ver 11.18 Distrib 3.23.58
on Linux 2.4.20-20.9. (RH 9.0).

I'd like to upgrade to the current version. I would
like to know if there are any cautions to observe,
or any prepartory steps to take.

If I look at the following URL:
http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/4.0.html

I see some things that confuse me a bit:
I see this label:

Linux (x86, glibc-2.2, static, gcc)
## Well, I've got glibc-2.3

And I see this label:
Linux (x86, glibc-2.3, dynamic, Intel C++ Compiler)
## Well, glibc-2.3 looks good, *but* I don't have
## the Intel C++ Compiler. Just gcc (GCC) 3.2.2

Comments and pointers to docs would be appreciated.

Thanks much
tim
--
Tim Johnson <tim@stripped>
Upgrading MySQL. Caveats or Cautions anyone?Tim Johnson18 Sep