List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Fagyal Csongor Date:September 13 2004 1:54pm
Subject:Re: 4.1.4a-gamma in production?
View as plain text
Hi Marten,

> Hello,
>
> 4.1 offers some interesting new features like more secure passwords
> and subqueries. However, this release is still labeled "a-gamma"; on
> the other hand it shall be used for future development. What's that
> "a" for (usually for alpha) if it's also stated "gamma"? Is gamme the
> last step until the 4.1.4 will be released? Or will rc's follow
> before? Is it possible to use 4.1.4a-gamma in production or is it too
> buggy yet?

I use 4.1.4 in a production environment, and I guess many of us also do
so. You might decide to wait for a "final" release, but even GA versions
of MySQL have bugs. Actually all versions have bugs - you might run into
them or might not. The "core" is usually very stable.

Considering the quality of MySQL, I think in most scenarios you can use
it when it reaches beta stage.

- Cs.
Thread
4.1.4a-gamma in production?Marten Lehmann13 Sep
  • Re: 4.1.4a-gamma in production?Fagyal Csongor13 Sep
  • Re: 4.1.4a-gamma in production?Sergei Golubchik13 Sep
    • Re: 4.1.4a-gamma in production?Marten Lehmann15 Sep
      • Re: 4.1.4a-gamma in production?Dan Nelson15 Sep
  • Re: 4.1.4a-gamma in production?Jim Grill15 Sep