List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Karam Chand Date:September 9 2004 3:22am
Subject:Re: In search of a good MySQL GUI client
View as plain text
I use SQLyog. It does allow you to create/delete FKs
with "ON UPDATE" criterias.

Yeah, it does not allow you to create Fks in graphical
manner like MS SQL Server but does my purpose. One
feature I really miss is Editing of FKs.

Karam
--- Jose_Miguel_P
> Hi All!
>
>     Why are all MySQL GUI clients so bad with
> foreign keys? Sorry to seem
> annoyed, but I have used for quite some time a few
> GUI clients, notably
> MySQL-Front, which I were relatively confortable
> with. Anyway, all GUI
> clients I used (SQLyog, MySql-Front, MySQL-CC, you
> name it) seemed to be
> some sort of shortcut to the MySQL command line. No
> problem with that,
> that's what I am looking for and not some high-level
> CASE tool.
>
>     It's when looking for foreign keys and
> referential integrity where these
> tools fail miserably. None of them fully supports
> editing / creating /
> deleting foreign keys. If you are to reply to this
> message, please read
> again the "FULLY supports" statement. For example,
> with version 1.0.7-beta
> of MySQL Query Browser (Own MySQL AB tool) I'm
> unable to add an "ON UPDATE"
> constraint... silly, huh? This is not a strange
> "Fails when lib-foo
> v1.2.3.5.7 connects throu a CISCO 90238234 router in
> a full moon night"
> error, it's simply that the programmer (nor the
> bug-testing labs) have not
> tried the "On Update:" drop-down menu from the edit
> table dialog.
>
>     I know foreign keys are a relatively new area in
> the MySQL field and
> maybe the programmers are slowly adding support for
> it, but it's quite
> annoying to see monumental bugs editing and changing
> foreign keys in ALL
> programs I've tried.
>
>     Please, note that this message is not intended
> to flame anyone. I fully
> aknowledge the effort involved creating such a tool,
> I'm a programmer after
> all, and some of them are in beta anyway. I would
> appreciate if anyone knows
> some tool which good foreign key support.
>
>     Cheers,
>     Jose Miguel.

http://lists.mysql.com/mysql?unsub=1

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
Thread
Slave I/O thread dies, fatal error 1236matt ryan2 Sep
  • Re: Slave I/O thread dies, fatal error 1236gerald_clark2 Sep
    • Re: Slave I/O thread dies, fatal error 1236matt ryan2 Sep
      • Re: Slave I/O thread dies, fatal error 1236matt ryan7 Sep
        • Re: Slave I/O thread dies, fatal error 1236Tobias Asplund7 Sep
          • Re: Slave I/O thread dies, fatal error 1236matt ryan7 Sep
            • Re: Slave I/O thread dies, fatal error 1236Remigiusz Sokołowski8 Sep
              • Re: Slave I/O thread dies, fatal error 1236matt ryan8 Sep
  • In search of a good MySQL GUI clientJose Miguel Pérez8 Sep
    • Re: In search of a good MySQL GUI clientKaram Chand9 Sep
      • Re: In search of a good MySQL GUI clientJose Miguel Pérez9 Sep
        • Re: In search of a good MySQL GUI clientKaram Chand9 Sep
          • Re: In search of a good MySQL GUI clientJose Miguel Pérez9 Sep
  • Re: In search of a good MySQL GUI clientMartijn Tonies8 Sep