List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Mack Date:April 12 1999 8:42pm
Subject:Re: JAVA & Mysql
View as plain text
LDJ wrote:

> I wish to write some JAVA applets and applications that will interface with
> Mysql. I am using Redhat Linux 5.2, what do I need to do this?
>
> I assume JDK for Linux? Anything else like Kaffe or a JDBC driver?
>
> Any help here is appreciated. If you know where I could download the tools
> please inform.
>
> Regards,

Hi LDJ

You need JDK 1.1 or up (on Linux the best out is Blackdown JDK) and a MySQL JDBC driver
(twz or mm).

For applets you only can use JDK 1.1.6, because this is the most currend built-in JVM in
Netscape and IE.
Or you have to use the Java plugin (really big ~10MBytes).

Kaffe is another JDK, so you don't need it in addition.

That's all.

Tschau
Christian

Thread