List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Thomas Spahni Date:September 7 2004 2:30pm
Subject:Re: fulltext usage for specific keywords
View as plain text
Lee,

why not? That is what ft-search is meant for.

Regards, Thomas Spahni

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004, leegold wrote:

> I asked a ques, in a previous post but maybe I should simplify the
> question. Am I totallly crazy to use FullText for specific keyword
> searchs? Let's say I have a text data type field and I load it with
> keywords (text after all), the couldn't I just use a Fulltext index on
> that field then search for specific keywords? I'd have the boolean mode
> with a minimum of coding.
>
> If not, well, I haven't found tutorials that lay it out how to code for
> "and, or, phrase, not" searches without Fulltext. I assume it'd be some
> more SQL to do that. I'm not too handy with set theory at the moment -
> it seems the fulltext pust me on the road to having a nice keyword
> search w/bells and whistles w/min. of hassel even though I'm not using
> it for it's heralded intended purpose.
>
> Thanks,
> Lee G.
> Wash DC

Thread
fulltext usage for specific keywordsleegold7 Sep
  • Re: fulltext usage for specific keywordsThomas Spahni7 Sep
  • Re: fulltext usage for specific keywordsSGreen7 Sep
    • when to use backquote in SQLleegold9 Sep
      • Re: when to use backquote in SQLDan Nelson9 Sep
        • Re: when to use backquote in SQLFagyal Csongor9 Sep
          • Re: when to use backquote in SQLDan Nelson9 Sep
      • Re: when to use backquote in SQLSGreen9 Sep
    • Re: when to use backquote in SQLJim Grill9 Sep