List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:leegold Date:September 7 2004 2:07pm
Subject:fulltext usage for specific keywords
View as plain text
I asked a ques, in a previous post but maybe I should simplify the
question. Am I totallly crazy to use FullText for specific keyword
searchs? Let's say I have a text data type field and I load it with
keywords (text after all), the couldn't I just use a Fulltext index on
that field then search for specific keywords? I'd have the boolean mode
with a minimum of coding.

If not, well, I haven't found tutorials that lay it out how to code for
"and, or, phrase, not" searches without Fulltext. I assume it'd be some
more SQL to do that. I'm not too handy with set theory at the moment -
it seems the fulltext pust me on the road to having a nice keyword
search w/bells and whistles w/min. of hassel even though I'm not using
it for it's heralded intended purpose.

Thanks,
Lee G.
Wash DC
Thread
fulltext usage for specific keywordsleegold7 Sep
  • Re: fulltext usage for specific keywordsThomas Spahni7 Sep
  • Re: fulltext usage for specific keywordsSGreen7 Sep
    • when to use backquote in SQLleegold9 Sep
      • Re: when to use backquote in SQLDan Nelson9 Sep
        • Re: when to use backquote in SQLFagyal Csongor9 Sep
          • Re: when to use backquote in SQLDan Nelson9 Sep
      • Re: when to use backquote in SQLSGreen9 Sep
    • Re: when to use backquote in SQLJim Grill9 Sep