List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ari Denison Date:September 6 2004 5:20pm
Subject:Re: Full Text Stopwords
View as plain text
Sticking with the May example... I would like to be able to return
results for only students named May or Maya, but not Mayra,
Jessica-May, or Maylita.

The other example would be simple wild cards. Something like steve*
returns steve, steven, cody-steven, Stevenmikel, steve-allen.

Thanks for all the help
Ari

On Sep 6, 2004, at 10:11 AM, Michael Stassen wrote:

> Ari Denison wrote:
>> the ft_min_word_length is now set to 3. That did the trick. Many
>> thanks.
>> I forgot to mention that I need to be able to perform boolean
>> searches on the first_name field.
>> If it's possible to do boolean searching on a normal index, should I
>> be doing that instead of using a fullttext?
>> Thanks for the help!
>> Ari
>
> That depends on what you mean by "boolean searching" in this context.
> Could you give examples?
>
> Michael

Thread
Full Text StopwordsAri Denison6 Sep
  • Re: Full Text StopwordsThomas Spahni6 Sep
    • Re: Full Text StopwordsAri Denison6 Sep
      • Re: Full Text StopwordsMichael Stassen6 Sep
        • Re: Full Text StopwordsAri Denison6 Sep
          • Re: Full Text StopwordsMichael Stassen7 Sep
            • Re[2]: Full Text StopwordsDebugasRu7 Sep
  • Re: Full Text StopwordsRhino6 Sep
  • Re: Full Text StopwordsMichael Stassen6 Sep