List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Rhino Date:September 6 2004 12:15pm
Subject:Re: Full Text Stopwords
View as plain text
----- Original Message -----
From: "Ari Denison" <arid@stripped>
To: <mysql@stripped>
Sent: Monday, September 06, 2004 1:15 AM
Subject: Full Text Stopwords

> Hello list -
>     I'm trying to do a full text search for the the string "May" using
> the following query:
>
> SELECT * FROM students WHERE MATCH(first_name) AGAINST("May");
>
> There are a number of students in that table wit the first_name of May.
> And, yes, I've removed may from the stopwords list and have reindexed
> the field but still return no records.
>
> Any idea how to get my May students to show in full text search results?

If the number of students named "May" is more than 50% of the rows, I
believe "May" automatically becomes a new stopword. This is apparently
standard behaviour for MySQL.

Rhino

Thread
Full Text StopwordsAri Denison6 Sep
  • Re: Full Text StopwordsThomas Spahni6 Sep
    • Re: Full Text StopwordsAri Denison6 Sep
      • Re: Full Text StopwordsMichael Stassen6 Sep
        • Re: Full Text StopwordsAri Denison6 Sep
          • Re: Full Text StopwordsMichael Stassen7 Sep
            • Re[2]: Full Text StopwordsDebugasRu7 Sep
  • Re: Full Text StopwordsRhino6 Sep
  • Re: Full Text StopwordsMichael Stassen6 Sep