List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:April 12 1999 7:37pm
Subject:Re: Access denied for Host %
View as plain text
At 2:30 PM -0500 4/12/99, Andrey Zmievski wrote:
>I have compiled the latest version of mysql and started having a problem with
>database access and priviliges carried over from mysql 3.22.15.  For some
>users I had % for the Host field so that access from any host is allowed.
>Now when I tried to connect as that user I get access denied.  Only if I
>change Host to a specific host I am accessing from it will work.  What's the
>deal?

Do you have an entry in the user table with "localhost/blank"?  If so,
it probably matches before the entry with a user name specified explicitly,
at least for connections from the local host.  Try deleting the localhost
entry and try again.

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
Access denied for Host %Andrey Zmievski12 Apr