-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
MySQL Connector/J 3.0.15, a new version of the Type-IV all-Java JDBC
driver for MySQL has been released.
Version 3.0.15 is a bugfix release for the stable tree that is
suitable for use with any MySQL version including MySQL-4.1 or MySQL-5.0.
It is now available in source and binary form from the Connector/J
download pages at http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/j/3.0.html
and mirror sites (note that not all mirror sites may be up to date at
this point of time - if you can't find this version on some mirror,
please try again later or choose another download site.)
- From the changelog:
09-04-04 - Version 3.0.15-ga
- - Fixed BUG#4010 - StringUtils.escapeEasternUnicodeByteStream is still
broken for GBK
- - Fixed BUG#4334 - Failover for autoReconnect not using port #'s for any
hosts, and not retrying all hosts. (WARN: This required a change to
the SocketFactory connect() method signature, which is now
public Socket connect(String host, int portNumber, Properties props)
therefore any third-party socket factories will have to be changed
to support this signature.
- - Logical connections created by MysqlConnectionPoolDataSource will
now issue a rollback() when they are closed and sent back to the pool.
If your application server/connection pool already does this for you,
you can set the 'rollbackOnPooledClose' property to false to avoid the
overhead of an extra rollback().
- - Removed redundant calls to checkRowPos() in ResultSet.
- - Fixed BUG#4742, 'DOUBLE' mapped twice in DBMD.getTypeInfo().
- - Added FLOSS license exemption.
- - Fixed BUG#4808, calling .close() twice on a PooledConnection causes NPE.
- - Fixed BUG#4138 and BUG#4860, DBMD.getColumns() returns incorrect JDBC
type for unsigned columns. This affects type mappings for all numeric
types in the RSMD.getColumnType() and RSMD.getColumnTypeNames() methods
as well, to ensure that 'like' types from DBMD.getColumns() match up
with what RSMD.getColumnType() and getColumnTypeNames() return.
- - 'Production' - 'GA' in naming scheme of distributions.
- - Fix for BUG#4880, RSMD.getPrecision() returning 0 for non-numeric
types (should return max length in chars for non-binary types, max
length in bytes for binary types). This fix also fixes mapping of
RSMD.getColumnType() and RSMD.getColumnTypeName() for the BLOB types
based on the length sent from the server (the server doesn't distinguish
between TINYBLOB, BLOB, MEDIUMBLOB or LONGBLOB at the network protocol
- - Fixed BUG#5022 - ResultSet should release Field instance in .close().
- - Fixed BUG#5069 -- ResultSet.getMetaData() should not return
incorrectly-initialized metadata if the result set has been
closed, but should instead throw a SQLException. Also fixed for
getRow() and getWarnings() and traversal methods by calling
checkClosed() before operating on instance-level fields that are
nullified during .close().
- - Parse new timezone variables from 4.1.x servers.
- - Use _binary introducer for PreparedStatement.setBytes() and
set*Stream() when connected to MySQL-4.1.x or newer to avoid
misinterpretation during character conversion.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.2.3 (MingW32)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Thunderbird - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
|• MySQL Connector/J 3.0.15 Has Been Released||Mark Matthews||4 Sep|